Submit A Film
THE SUBMISSION WINDOW HAS NOW CLOSED FOR THE SEASON. WE WILL REOPEN FOR NEXT SEASON ON JANUARY 3, 2018. SEE YOU THEN!
The Middlebury New Filmmakers Festival is all about exhibiting and promoting the dynamic and imaginative work of first or second time filmmakers. Our goal is to create a peer festival, a level playing field, a place to be discovered and talked about. We want you to feel at home here in Middlebury as we celebrate the work of emerging new voices in cinema.
1. The work must be either your first or second film, whether it’s a feature or a short. For example, if you have already made three short films, but you would like to submit either your first or second feature, then go right ahead. Or, if you have made a feature, but recently completed your first or second short film and it is really good, then by all means submit the short. We are open to any genre, be it narrative, documentary, animation or experimental.
2. Feature films should be at least 50 minutes long. Shorts can range in length from 3 minutes to 35 minutes.
3. The work must have been completed after February 1, 2015, i.e., within the past 24 months.
4. We would love for your film to premiere at MNFF, but it is fine with us if you have exhibited your work elsewhere, i.e., at another festival or for a short theatrical run, as long as the film is not already out on DVD/Blu-Ray, up on a transactional platform like iTunes or Amazon or on an SVOD platform like Netflix or a VOD platform like Comcast Xfinity.
5. We are not accepting works-in-progress at the MNFF.
6. In lieu of cash awards, our winning features and winning shorts, as selected by the Festival judges, will receive valuable additional screenings in each of the six New England states, under the auspices of the Middlebury New Filmmakers Festival. The MNFF asks that our winning filmmakers allow us to screen their work at these selected venues as we create greater visibility for their films. Compensation for these screenings will be paid by the Festival to the filmmakers.
The Festival is working with Withoutabox* and FilmFreeway on film submission. Here are the submission windows for all filmmakers:
- Early Bird Window: Opens January 3, 2017, closes January 16, 2017. Submission fees – $50/feature and $35/short. WINDOW CLOSED
- Regular Window: Opens January 17, 2017, closes April 17, 2017. Submission fees – $60/feature and $45/short. WINDOW CLOSED
- Late Window: Opens April 18, 2017, closes May 15, 2017. Submission fees – $65/feature and $50/short. WINDOW CLOSED
- WAB and FilmFreeway Extended Window: Opens May 16, 2017, closes May 31, 2017. Submission fees – $70/feature and $55/short. WINDOW CLOSED
NOTE: Secure online screening as well as a DVD mailing opportunity will be available on Withoutabox and FilmFreeway for MNFF submissions.
The Middlebury New Filmmakers Festival rolls out August 24-27, 2017. We hope your film will be among the titles that we present to our enthusiastic audiences. Thanks for considering us and good luck!
*Withoutabox logos are trademarks of Withoutabox, a DBA of IMDb.com Inc. or its affiliates.