tickets on sale now!
Limited capacity / Screenings at 8:30pm-ish / Dining and bar service 6:30pm
Thursday Evenings / July 8 – August 5
Swift House Inn / Middlebury VT
MNFF presents The Sunset Series at Swift House Inn / Summer of Scorsese, an exciting new social event in partnership with Swift House Inn and Town Hall Theater. Every Thursday for five weeks, beginning July 8 and ending August 5, MNFF will screen a classic film by master director Martin Scorsese outdoors under the big tent at Swift House Inn.
Martin Scorsese on the set of Shutter Island (2010)
The Sunset Series Films
About the Series
Screenings will begin at sunset. Prior to each screening, starting at 6:30 pm, Swift House Inn will be offering attractive picnic dinners and drinks from Jessica’s, the Inn’s superb restaurant, on the expansive lawn behind the main house [or under the tent should it rain]. Come out, see your friends, enjoy a casual meal and adult beverages together and take in a film by one of the greatest directors of all time. See you at the Summer of Scorsese!
Individual Film Tickets: $16
Passes and Tickets are on sale now exclusively through the Town Hall Theater. Go to townhalltheater.org, call (802) 382-9222 or visit the Box Office at 68 S Pleasant Street, Middlebury. Monday-Saturday, 12-5pm. Attendance is limited to 100 so don’t wait to buy your Passes and Tickets.
Jessica’s at Swift House Inn will be offering delicious boxed picnic dinners to attendees every Thursday during the Sunset Series. Menu items include:
- Roast Chicken, fingerling potato salad, grilled summer squash – $25
- Poached Salmon, tomato and watermelon salad with feta and mint dressing – $25
- Vegetarian antipasto salad with hummus and pita chips – $22
- All of the above are served cold, with slices of French batard and olive oil, and a dessert choice [included] of:
- Flourless Chocolate Cake or Summer Berry Shortcake
- A bottled wine selection will be made available for purchase and a full bar will also be available before the screening begins. Please remember that NO OUTSIDE alcoholic beverages may be brought onto the grounds at Swift House Inn.
Dinner orders must be placed and prepaid by 5:00p the day prior to the film screening. Pickup will be available at the Inn beginning at 6:30p on screening night, when the lawn opens. Phone orders only: 802-388-9925.
Street parking is available at the following locations:
- Washington Street from Court Square to Seminary Street [in front of Co-op, Shaw’s, etc.]
- Methodist Church parking lot at Seminary and North Pleasant
- High Street between Washington Street and Seminary Street
Swift House Inn has its own parking lot on Stewart Lane with limited capacity, opposite the main Inn building, but there is NO PARKING IN THE LOT BEHIND THE CIRCLE AT THE MAIN INN BUILDING. Additionally, there is NO parking on Stewart Lane itself or on the section of High Street which runs perpendicular to Stewart Lane. Nearby street parking opportunities [white line marked spaces only] include:
The Sunset Series at Swift House Inn/Summer of Scorsese is being sponsored by IPJ Real Estate. We thank IPJ for their wonderful ongoing support!