THE SUNSET SERIES AT SWIFT HOUSE INN
THE SUMMER OF SCORSESE / CLASSIC FILMS DIRECTED BY MARTIN SCORSESE
EACH THURSDAY / JULY 8 – AUGUST 5
MNFF presents The Sunset Series at Swift House Inn / Summer of Scorsese, an exciting new social event in partnership with Swift House Inn and Town Hall Theater. Every Thursday for five weeks, beginning July 8 and ending August 5, MNFF will screen a classic film by master director Martin Scorsese outdoors under the big tent at Swift House Inn. Screenings will begin at sunset. Prior to each screening, starting at 6:30 pm, Swift House Inn will be offering attractive picnic dinners and drinks from Jessica’s, the Inn’s superb restaurant, on the expansive lawn behind the main house [or under the tent should it rain]. Come out, see your friends, enjoy a casual meal and adult beverages together and take in a film by one of the greatest directors of all time. See you at the Summer of Scorsese!
THURSDAY, JULY 22
The Last Waltz
The acclaimed film of the final concert of the legendary rock group The Band, featuring its members Robbie Robertson, Levon Helm, Rick Danko, Richard Manuel and Garth Hudson, along with special guests Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell and Eric Clapton, and many others
PASSES & TICKETS FOR THE SUNSET SERIES
Five-Film Series Pass: $70
Individual Film Tickets: $16
All Passes and Tickets go on sale Monday, June 21 exclusively through the Town Hall Theater box office. Go online at townhalltheater.org or call 802-382-9222 Monday – Saturday, 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm. Attendance is limited to 120 so don’t wait to buy your Passes and Tickets when they become available.
Jessica’s at Swift House Inn will be offering delicious boxed picnic dinners to attendees every Thursday during the Sunset Series. Menu items include:
- Roast Chicken, fingerling potato salad, grilled summer squash – $25
- Poached Salmon, tomato and watermelon salad with feta and mint dressing – $25
- Vegetarian antipasto salad with hummus and pita chips – $22
- All of the above are served cold, with slices of French batard and olive oil, and a dessert choice [included] of:
- Flourless Chocolate Cake or Summer Berry Shortcake
- A bottled wine selection will be made available for purchase and a full bar will also be available before the screening begins. Please remember that NO OUTSIDE alcoholic beverages may be brought onto the grounds at Swift House Inn.
Dinner orders must be placed and prepaid by 5:00p the day prior to the film screening. Pickup will be available at the Inn beginning at 6:30p on screening night, when the lawn opens. Phone orders only: 802-388-9925.
Swift House Inn has its own parking lot on Stewart Lane with limited capacity, opposite the main Inn building, but there is NO PARKING IN THE LOT BEHIND THE CIRCLE AT THE MAIN INN BUILDING. Additionally, there is NO parking on Stewart Lane itself or on the section of High Street which runs perpendicular to Stewart Lane. Nearby street parking opportunities [white line marked spaces only] include:
- Washington Street from Court Square to Seminary Street
- Seminary Street between High Street and North Pleasant Street
- High Street between Washington Street and Seminary Street
- North Pleasant Street [east side] from Seminary Street to Stewart Lane.
The Inn is currently working on additional parking arrangements to be announced soon.
The Sunset Series at Swift House Inn/Summer of Scorsese is being sponsored by IPJ Real Estate. We thank IPJ for their wonderful ongoing support!